Friday, February 25, 2011

Stewardship Prayer

I share with you our Stewardship Prayer at Christ the King Parish in Greenmeadows, Quezon City. If you are not familiar with what Stewardship is all about, just pray this prayer and you will know, in your heart, what it means to be a steward or a stewardess:


Lord, every time I open my hands,
I look heavenward to receive your blessings.
I believe everything is a gift
from Your overflowing love.
Undeserving as I may be,
You have built my identity.
You have fashioned me
as Your child
And given me dignity
of sharing in Your life.
Help me to open my hands to let go and trust
For You run my affairs more than I do.
You admonish me to cast away
my doubts and anxieties
And to live in harmony and peace.
Like a good steward,
help me to be thankful in gratitude,
To count more my blessings and less of my adversities.
Let me open my hands
so that I can love and share my gifts.
Help me understand that in a Christian love,
I have the need to give more than giving to a need.
As I realize that I live on borrowed time and life,
I wish to return the best portion
of these blessings received
for the good of my Church
to glorify Your name.
May I be blessed as a good steward,
Now that I offer and return my gifts to You.
Amen.

Source: http://www.alltheblessings.com/?p=70

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...