Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Change Your Words, Change Your Life

Someone asked me, “Bo, I want to change my life.  I pray. I read the Bible. I attend a prayer meeting. What else can I do?”

I told that person, “If you want to change your life, change your words.” I believe that if you change your vocabulary, you change your life story.
Here’s something very few people understand: Your words have physical power. They impact your life. They impact your body. They impact the people around you. They impact your world.
How To Raise A Genius Child
       A few days ago, a friend came up to me and asked, “Bo, how did you raise up your son Bene to become a genius? Your next book should be, How To Raise A Genius Child.” 
       I believe my son is really a genius. 
He wrote a blog when he was 9, wrote a magazine column at 8, became a TV host at 7, and started a business at 5 years old. Today, he can read a thick, fat book in one day.
       Let me tell you how to raise a genius.
       First, the father has to be a genius. (Warning: Sometimes, he becomes insane too.)
       Just kidding.
       One reason why my son is a genius? Because I told him so. Because of the power of words.
       Since he was a baby, I told him, “You’re a genius.”
       When he was a tiny cute thing, and his mother held his little hand and sang, “Close, open, close, open,” and he actually followed her… I’d shouted to him, “You’re a genius!”
       Now, I knew that 99.99% of all babies can do that, but I didn’t care. To me, my baby was a genius.
       When Bene was a toddler, and he’d pick up a book and open a page, I’d shout to him, “You’re a genius!”   Even if the book was upside down and all he did was drool on the pages. That didn’t matter. To me, he was still my genius boy.
       That’s the power of our words… By: Bo Sanchez 
      

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...