Friday, December 23, 2011

Change Your Vocabulary

You need to learn a new kind of vocabulary.
Instead of saying, “I have some failures,” say, “I have some lessons.”
Instead of saying, “I have some problems,” say, “I have some hidden blessings.”
Instead of saying, “I’m going through a crisis,” say, “I’m going through a transformational experience.”
Instead of saying, “I don’t have money,” say, “I’m temporarily broke but the blessings are on the way.”
If you want to change your life, you need to change your talk.
Everyday, a tidal wave of words flow out of your mouth.
Studies say that men speak 20,000 words a day. And women speak 30,000. (I didn’t invent that. Just reporting the facts. But I’m sure you know of some exceptions. There are men who speak 50,000 words a day, like Preachers like me.)
Don’t be shocked. If you live until 90, a typical person would have spoken 730 million words. If someone just recorded all that you said, and put them in book form, you would have written 14,600 books.
Pretty amazing, right?
But it’s not the quantity of words that’s important. It’s the quality of the words that’s important. The quality of your words will determine the quality of your life—including the life of the people around you.
Do your words bless or curse?
Do your words heal or cause disease?
Do your words give life or give death?
Do your words nourish or poison?
Do your words lift up or lower down?
Do your words encourage or discourage?
Be careful with your words…

Source: http://bosanchez.ph/change-your-vocabulary/

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...